Header Ads

alt="Ranao Star Philippines new" />

Lumbatan municipality is now century old

Map of Lanao del Sur with Lumbatan
highlighted
ROCAYA SUMNDAD OTICAL YAHYA
Marawi City, Lanao del Sur
April 21, 2017

Today, the municipality of Lumbatan, Lanao del Sur becomes a hundred years old. 

A century ago this day, Lumbatan was created under Executive Order No. 13 by Governor Carpenter of the Department of Mindanao and Sulu during the American Regime.

It is one of the oldest municipalities of the then lone province of Lanao which is now divided into two -- Lanao del Norte and Lanao del Sur.

Lumbatan is the mother municipality of Lumbayanague, Sultan Dumalundong and Lumbaca Unayan.

It was the Center of Education and Commerce during the American regime in the Philippines. In 1907, the Americans, with their strong advocacy on mass education, established Lanao Agricultural College (LAC), formerly named as Lumbatan Farm School.

Lumbatan is a home to famous Meranao personalities like the late Brig. Gen. Mamarinta Lao, first Meranao General of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, first Military Governor of Lanao and Founder of Lanao del Sur Electric Cooperative; late Datu Mama Busran, first Meranao Justice of the Court of Appeals, and many others.

Comprising 21 barangays, it is a fifth class municipality politically located at the Second Congressional District of Lanao del Sur. It prides itself as having the biggest land area among the municipalities of Lanao del Sur, covering a total land area of 15,830 hectares.

(With story from Lumbatan official facebook and other sources)


Post a Comment
Copyright. 2013. The New Ranao Star. Powered by Blogger.